flink-dev mailing list archives

From Gyula Fora <gyf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Make Streaming Interoperable with Reactive Streams, Java Streams and Rx
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2014 20:50:48 GMT
Hey Suminda,

I am not 100% by what you mean by interoperating, so clarify me if I am off-track here :)

The systems that you have mentioned provide programming models for stream processing systems,
in that sense a lot of features of Flink runtime are similar to these systems but it is presented
in a much higher level API.

If by interoperating you mean connecting the streams from one systems to another, it is definitely
possible in fact would be probably quite easy. For example a source in the Flink streaming
system would implement a consumer in the other system and could receive messages and process
them. On the other and a Flink sink could be implemented as a Producer for the other systems.

I hope this answers your questions, if not, let me know :)

Gyula