flink-dev mailing list archives

From "Kruse, Sebastian" <Sebastian.Kr...@hpi.de>
Subject Projects page on Flink web page
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2014 15:05:34 GMT
Hi everyone,

at HPI, we recently had the idea of a projects page on the Flink web site. Such a page could
present programs that have been implemented atop of Flink, ideally with a link to a github
repository of the respective project's code. This could bring benefits for both the Flink
maintainers and users with it.

At first, these projects could promote the versatility of the Flink platform if the Flink
programs are concerned with quite different problems (graph algorithms, machine learning,
data analytics, ...). Moreover, a lot of projects underline the relevance of Flink as a GP
data processing platform. Last but not least, given a set of readily implemented use cases,
a rather non-technical audience (i.e., w/o programming background) could try out Flink without
having to write any code (ideally).

Also, such a projects page would be beneficial for the people that write new Flink programs.
Without a distribution platform for Flink programs, it is likely that every program written
in Flink is only used by its own authors. The project page would be a good place to promote
own Flink programs but also to exchange programs, best practices or even subplans and operators.

As I think, that this idea addresses an important issue, I am putting it here for discussion
and looking forward to your feedback. :)

Cheers,
Sebastian