flink-dev mailing list archives

From "cY" <329385...@qq.com>
Subject 回复: 回复: a question about Exactly once processing
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2014 12:26:05 GMT
Hello
      I'm the core contributor of JStorm (https://github.com/alibaba/jstorm‍) which is the
java version of Storm with a lot of optimization. I want to build a DAG abstract on storm
like RDD. However I found the flink and its exciting DAG abstract.So I have an idea to make
a repository which use the Storm to replace the flink's runtime .It will combine flink and
storm so that flink can focus on DAG (DAG optimization, DAG view, etc) and storm can focus
on the engine (failover, serialization, etc). Of course it's just an idea and i'm still investigate
the feasibility of this scheme.Besides flink is a wonderful repository and i'm very glad to
contribute to it.
          Thanks  a lot  : P
           cY

发件人: "Paris Carbone";<parisc@kth.se>;
发送时间: 2014年10月12日(星期天) 下午3:56
收件人: "dev@flink.incubator.apache.org"<dev@flink.incubator.apache.org>;

主题: Re: 回复: a question about Exactly once processing

Hello,
Generally speaking the designed solution will most probably combine upstream backup with asynchronous
state checkpointing. We are looking into ways to minimise the communication and recovery costs
by exploiting properties of the stream (eg. recomputable segments-windows). Are you also working
on fault tolerance?

Paris