flink-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject Re: about hdfs in flink cluster
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2014 10:17:51 GMT
Hi,

good to hear that you are using Flink.

HDFS is a distributed file system for reliably storing huge amounts of
data. Many users of Flink use HDFS to store all kinds of data on it.
This includes both input data for their jobs and also results.
Often, Flink and HDFS are installed next to each other in a cluster so that
the same machines that contain the data also process it.

An example for you could be that you store the data from MySQL in HDFS. Or
you could join data from MySQL with data in HDFS.

Let us know if you have more questions. We are happy to help!