flink-dev mailing list archives

From Leonidas Fegaras <fega...@cse.uta.edu>
Subject Re: Please help testing the 0.7.0-incubating release candidate
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2014 17:21:40 GMT
I tested flink-0.7.0-incubating-bin-hadoop2-yarn.tgz.
It works fine for Apache MRQL in Flink mode:
1) It passed all query tests for MRQL in Flink local mode (25 queries).
2) It was tested successfully for PageRank on an 1.4GB XML file (DBLP
bibliography) using 20 slots on a 40-slot yarn cluster.

I had to make the following changes to the MRQL code:
1) changed some Java imports (eg, from
org.apache.flink.api.java.functions.RichMapFunction to
org.apache.flink.api.common.functions.RichMapFunction )
2) changed the run script to get the flink job manager from
conf/.yarn-properties instead of conf/.yarn-jobmanager
Good job!
Leonidas Fegaras