flink-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Neumann <mneum...@spotify.com>
Subject grouping and sort grouping with KeySelector
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 14:31:45 GMT
Hej,

The data set I'm working on is quite large so I created a pojo class for it
to make it less messy. I want do do a simple map, group reduce job. But the
groups needs to be sorted on a secondary key.

>From what I understand I would get that by doing:
dataset.groupBy( key1 ).sortGroup( key2 , Order.ASCENDING )

Is that correct?
And if so how do I do the same call using a KeySelector. While groupBy can
take a KeySelector sortGroup cant.

Also can someone explain to me what Order.ANY is about?

cheers Martin