flink-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: Refactor distributed coordination to use the Akka Actor Library
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2014 12:04:52 GMT
I agree with using Akka for RPC. It is ASF 2.0 licensed, seems to have a
big community [1] and users [2] that depend on the system.

The YARN client is also using the old RPC service. I would like to rewrite
it with Akka once we have added it into the other parts of the system, to
learn it.

[1] https://github.com/akka/akka/pulls
[2] http://doc.akka.io/docs/akka/2.0.4/additional/companies-using-akka.html