flink-dev mailing list archives

From Hermann Gábor <reckone...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Aggregations
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2014 12:20:16 GMT
I also agree on using the minBy as the default mechanism.

If both min and minBy are needed, it would seem more natural for min (and
also for sum) to return only the given field of the tuple in my opinion.

More generally a reduce function with a custom return type would also be
useful in my view. In that case the user would also give a value of type T
to begin the reduction with, and implement a function which reduces a value
and a value of type T and return a value of type T. Would that make sense?