flink-dev mailing list archives

From Till Rohrmann <trohrm...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Using Scala to reimplement the JobManager and TaskManager
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2014 20:58:54 GMT
In the wake of replacing the current proprietary RPC service with an Akka
service, we have to rewrite the JobManager and TaskManager. Akka is
implemented in Scala and offers bindings for Scala as well as Java. Since
the implementation using Scala would probably be neater and less verbose,
we would like to use Scala for the reimplementation. That would imply that
Flink's runtime module would become a mixed Java and Scala project.

So please vote whether Scala should be used for rewriting the JobManager
and TaskManager or not.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Using Scala for reimplementation
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with using Scala
[ ] -1 Do not use Scala because...