flink-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Rules for LICENSE and NOTICE files in Apache Releases
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2014 10:58:54 GMT
I split license and notice files between source and binary licenses.

The setup is now the following

1) ./LICENSE, ./NOTICE  - Source distribution license and notice, refers to
everything where the sources / files are contained in the project

2) ./flink-dist/src/main/flink-bin/LICENSE and NOTICE - Binary distribution
license and notice, all bits bundled in the binary packages (tgz)

3) ./DEPENDENCIES - Comprehensive file with all maven dependencies, their
licenses and notices

The dependencies file is not required by Apache, but I think it makes sense
to have this.