flink-dev mailing list archives

From Ufuk Celebi <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Extend Travis-CI build matrix
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2014 09:56:40 GMT
In general, I agree that we should add further variants.

To make sure that I understand you correctly:

We keep the current 6 variants (oraclejdk8, oraclejdk7, openjdk6) x (hadoop
1.2.1, hadoop 2.2.0) and add 2 variants (oraclejdk8) x (hadoop 2.0.0-alpha,
hadoop 2.5.0), resulting in 8 instead of the "full" 12?

Assuming that one (jdk) x (hadoop) variant takes ~20 mins, we would save 20
mins before we have a confirmation for good builds. Since bad builds will
probably fail earlier anyways, I vote to go for the full matrix.

In any case we wouldn't loose anything by adding a further JDK to the new
variants as there should be not a big time difference between 10 and 8
variants (assuming that the 5 parallel builds take roughly the same amount
of time).