flink-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Feedback on first release candidate artifacts (0.6-incubating)
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2014 17:36:52 GMT
The reason why I kicked of the whole discussion is the following sentence
in the guide Henry posted [1]:
"LICENSE and NOTICE must always be tailored to the content of the specific
distribution they reside within. Dependencies which are not included in the
distribution MUST NOT be added to LICENSE and NOTICE. As far as LICENSE and
NOTICE are concerned, *only bundled bits matter."*

The top level LICENSE / NOTICE files end up only in the source release,
which does not contain the source/binary of the dependencies (only
references to them, in the pom files).
Either I've oversight something or Spark and Cassandra have wrong NOTICE
files in their source releases.
I could not find a similar discussion on the legal list here:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/. But maybe
thats the right place to ask that question.

[1]: http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#bundled-vs-non-bundled