flink-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject Planning Flink release 0.7-incubating
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2014 17:21:07 GMT
Hi,

since we have our release infrastructure in place now, I would suggest to
aim for a 0.7-incubating release in the near future (say 3-5 weeks).
While 0.6-incubating was mainly about getting the release infra / legal
stuff sorted out, I think it would be nice to have a "feature" release soon.

The following new features would make a great 0.7-incubating release:
 - *Flink Streaming* "Beta Preview". I would suggest to ship the streaming,
but clearly mark it as a preview in the documentation.
 -* Java API Pojo improvements*: Code generation, key selection using a
string-expression: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-1032
  - *Reworked Scala API*. Bring the Scala API in sync with the latest
developments in the Java API:
  -* Akka-based RPC service*:
  - *Kryo-based serialization*. This feature has been requested by many
users. Mostly because they wanted to use Collections inside POJOs:

Opinions?