flink-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject Re: switching to flink 0.7
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2014 13:24:18 GMT
Hi Martin,

I think there is a little error in your mail, the versions for 0.7 are
"0.7-hadoop2-incubating-SNAPSHOT" and "0.7-incubating-SNAPSHOT".
The "hadoop2" version names for the nightly builds were generated by a
script and I forgot to adopt the script to the "-incubating" version
string-change.
So the script was actually generating the wrong version string for quite
some time. While creating the release scripts and preparing the release, I
fixed the script, now the versions for the nightly builds (aka -SNAPSHOT
versions) and the actual releases are in sync.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but using nightly builds / SNAPSHOT version is
always a slippery road ;) We are trying to mitigate the issue by releasing
more often.

Best,
Robert

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 2:19 PM, Vasiliki Kalavri <vasilikikalavri@gmail.com