flink-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flink 0.6 (incubating) (RC5)
Date Sun, 17 Aug 2014 12:04:02 GMT
Yes, if the patch is critical issue that should be fixed in the RC.
Its always a case-by-case decision. We only merged really critical issues
into the "release-0.6" branch to reduce the testing overhead. I think most
of the patches were issues we found while testing release candidates, so
the patches were written for the "release-0.6" branch and applied to the
master (not the other way around).

Hopefully the latest RC vote is the final vote ;)

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 12:58 AM, Henry Saputra <henry.saputra@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Robert, so anyone that commit a patch to master should do the
> cherry-pick to 0.6 branch as needed?
>
> - Henry
>
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Robert Metzger <rmetzger@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > Yes. We did the split between "master" and "release-0.6" because we
> > anticipated that our first Apache release might take a while and we
> didn't
> > want to let it block our entire development process.
> > All fixes we applied to 0.6 and the current master were really small,
> just
> > a few lines of code. So we were always able to cherry-pick the commits
> into
> > master (or vice-versa).
> >
> > I hope that we have fixed all issues in the 0.6 release now so that we
> can
> > continue to commit to "master" only.
> >

> > On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 7:44 PM, Henry Saputra <henry.saputra@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Does this mean every fix now need to be double fixed to master and 0.6
> >> branch?
> >>
> >> - Henry

> the

> yields
> >> >> >

> org.apache.flink.runtime.jobmanager.web.WebInfoServer.<init>(WebInfoServer.java:122)
> >> >> >

> org.apache.flink.runtime.jobmanager.JobManager.startInfoServer(JobManager.java:1154)
> >> >> >
> >> org.apache.flink.runtime.jobmanager.JobManager.main(JobManager.java:318)
> sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)

> rmetzger@apache.org>

Flink