flink-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Feedback on first release candidate artifacts (0.6-incubating)
Date Sat, 02 Aug 2014 07:20:51 GMT
Thank you Henry. I'll look into it later today.

I have to create a second candidate for the following reasons:
- the version information has not been stored properly in the release since
my script deleted the ".git" repo prior to the build. The start log looks
like this: (the Rev and Date should not be <unknown>)
19:27:02,050 INFO  org.apache.flink.runtime.jobmanager.JobManager
     -  Starting JobManager (Version: 0.6-incubating-rc1, Rev:<unknown>,
Date:<unknown>)
- I forgot to commit the actual released version (a commit with the version
set to 0.6-incubating-rc1). Thats important to make the release
reproducible.
- The web interface's job history is not working (javascript load error)

What do you guys think about a changelog? RC1 does not have one.
I can look for a script to automatically generate a log from the git
history. JIRA also has support for this, but I think we are not super
careful about tracking the "fix version" / "affected version" fields.