flink-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extend Travis-CI build matrix
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2014 10:06:03 GMT
I think the most important thing is building at least once against the
4 Hadoop versions, and building at least once against the 3 JDK
versions. It's very unlikely that a particular JDK + Hadoop version
fails to compile, while the same JDK with another Hadoop, or the same
Hadoop with another JDK, does.

I think you could get away with 4:

1.2.1 - 6
2.0.0-alpha - 6
2.2.0 - 7
2.5.0 - 8

These at least pairs old JDK with old Hadoop. I am not sure Hadoop <
2.2 even reliably works with Java 7, for example? testing Java 8 +
Hadoop 1.2.1 is probably pointless, for example.

You can add back a few more pairs here and there if this feels too sparse.