flink-dev mailing list archives

From Fabian Hueske <fhue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Planning Flink release 0.7-incubating
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2014 19:20:38 GMT
I agree that these should be features to add soon, but I'm a bit doubtful
that we will have the next release in 5 weeks if we want to include all of
this.

I think we should either have a feature- or time-oriented release plan.
If we want to have a fixed release date, we could make a feature stop 1
week (or so) in advance, include what's in until then and continue to
release every n weeks.
Or we make a list of what should be in the next release and try to give a
reasonable time estimate for that (which didn't work out so well in the

But having both, a close deadline and a long list of complex features will
not work out well, IMO.

Just my 2 cents, Fabian