flink-dev mailing list archives

From Fabian Hueske <fhue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release announcement draft
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 14:33:53 GMT
well written.
I would rewrite the first sentence of the "What is Flink?" section to
something like:

"Apache Flink is a general-purpose data processing engine for clusters. It
runs on Hadoop components such as HDFS and YARN, as well as stand-alone."

Rational:
- Flink isn't new (and immature). The code is out for several years.
- Compute engine might also be understood as something like an MPI
framework.
- I would emphasize that we do not require HDFS and YARN, but play nice
with it.

Do we want to highlight the iterative data flows?