flink-dev mailing list archives

From Chesnay Schepler <chesnay.schep...@fu-berlin.de>
Subject Re: Changing how TypeComparators Work
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2014 20:19:37 GMT
i cant recall definitely what the numbers were so I'll just quote myself
from the PR:

measurements were done using System.nanoTime()
time necessary for the comparison
Strings consisted of 90 characters

difference in the beginning of the string
New 4259
Old 23431

difference in the middle of the string
New 13560
Old 30757

difference at the end of the string
New 29385
Old 28293

for smaller strings (<10 i think) it was roughly 50% faster.