flink-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Question on providing CDH packages
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2014 16:05:16 GMT
My concern with this is it appears to put Apache in the business of
picking the right Hadoop vendors.  What about IBM, Pivotal, etc.?  I get
that the actual desire here is to make things easy for users, and that
the original three packages offered (Hadoop1, CDH4, Hadoop2) will cover
95% of users.  I like that.  I just don't know how to do this and avoid
the appearance of favoritism.

Perhaps the next best step is to ask on incubator-general and see if
there is an Apache wide policy or if there needs to be one.

Alan.

--
Sent with Postbox <http://www.getpostbox.com>

--