flink-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Question on providing CDH packages
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2014 17:24:48 GMT
Let me begin by noting that I obviously have a conflict of interest
since my company is a direct competitor to Cloudera.  But as a mentor
and Apache member I believe I need to bring this up.

What is the Apache policy towards having a vendor specific package on a
download site?  It is strange to me to come to Flink's website and see
packages for Flink with CDH (or HDP or MapR or whatever).  We should
avoid providing vendor specific packages.  It gives the appearance of
preferring one vendor over another, which Apache does not want to do.

I have no problem at all with Cloudera hosting a CDH specific package of
Flink, nor with Flink project members working with Cloudera to create
such a package.  But I do not think they should be hosted at Apache.

Alan.
--
Sent with Postbox <http://www.getpostbox.com>

--