flink-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fixpoint api
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2014 12:25:28 GMT
Hey Vasia!

Nice work, it looks really cool!

Concerning the problem of figuring out the number of iterations:

 - In the long run we can save this with the incremental rollout that we
are working on

 - As a temporary workaround, you could store the number of elapsed
iterations in a static variable somewhere. You set it from the "open()" or
"close()" function of one of the UDFs. The convergence criterion for the
delta iterations can pick it up from there (access the static variable).

Concerning the edges with / without weights: Can you use a custom data type
and have the weight "null" when they are not set/used?

Greetings,
Stephan