flink-dev mailing list archives

From Vasiliki Kalavri <vasilikikala...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fixpoint api
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2014 14:55:53 GMT
Hey,

thanks for the reply!

My delta iteration doesn't have a convergence criterion (other than the
default empty workset that is).
If I'm not mistaken, one can't define a custom convergence criterion in a
delta iteration.
I think I had opened an issue for this at some point, but it was low
priority and we didn't decide on it.

Even if I do define a custom convergence criterion though, that would mean
that I will need to run at least one delta iteration, even if the maximum
number of iterations has already been reached.

What I am looking for is more something like the following:

int iterationsLeft;

bulkResult = doBulkIterations(parameters, dependencies, stepFunction,
maxIterations); //somehow sets iterationsLeft
if (iterationsLeft > 0 ) {
  doDeltaIterations(bulkResult, dependencies, stepFunction, iterationsLeft);
}

Cheers,
V.