flink-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Neumann <mneum...@spotify.com>
Subject broadcast variable in spargel
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 11:23:07 GMT
Hej,

I'm using the latest trunk version of Flink and the new JavaAPI.
I'm writing some graph algorithms that need to know the number of nodes in
the graph. To get the number of nodes I run a short count job and then get
a DataSet<Long> that I need to give as input to the other calculations.

It works for normal operations:

nodeList.map(new VertexInit()).withBroadcastSet(numNodes, "#Nodes");

However when I call the Spargelcode I don't get the option to do
.withBroadcastSet

initNodeList.runOperation(VertexCentricIteration.withPlainEdges(edgeList,
new VertexRankUpdater(10, 0.85), new RankMessenger(), 100));

How do I use broadcast variables in Spargel?

cheers Martin