flink-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding the streaming project to the main repository
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2014 17:30:12 GMT
Regarding the dependencies, I found that they require "jblas", with this
license: https://github.com/mikiobraun/jblas/blob/master/COPYING
It seems to be a BSD license, which is compatible with ASF projects [1].

The connectors package depends on RabbitMQ, which is MPL Licensed:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/mpl.html.
We are able to include this into our dependencies, if we label them
appropriately (I guess that means adding a notice to the NOTICE file).

It also contains ZeroMQ, which is LGPL licensed and we cannot include!

Apache Kafka is not a problem ;)

Another issue that I found is that the streaming project does currently not
have our checkstyle rules enforced (I saw star-imports). It would be cool
if you could fix that as well.

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html