flink-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Draft for Project Website
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 18:12:57 GMT
The two websites are basically using the same technologies behind the
scenes. Having the main navigation always on top is very easy to implement.
If others feel the same, its very easy to change the behavior.

Regarding the navigation in the documentation: We changed some details here
because we are now maintaining the documentation within the source code and
grab it from there for publishing it in the web. Since we are doing this
automatically, its difficult to have a sophisticated layout there.
Lets see if Ufuk (he knows the stuff very well) has an idea for a trade-off.

We certainly have to improve the website's ability to react to different
screen sizes. It seems that stratosphere.eu is switching earlier to the
smaller menu.