flink-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.6-incubating release
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2014 08:14:13 GMT
Thanks for starting this!
I agree being a release manager. I did the last releases for Stratosphere
and know how the Maven / release stuff works.
This guide is also relevant for releasing:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

We should certainly have FLINK-629 fixed for the 0.6 release. I think
everyone I know who is using Flink stumbled into it.
Another issue that is affecting a lot of users is this one:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-610. I would really like to see
them both fixed in the 0.6 release

As a preparation for the release, I requested access (5 days ago) to the
Apache Maven infrastructure:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-8026 (we also need this for
publishing SNAPSHOT versions)
I will look into the details of requesting a dist space where we can
distribute the release binaries.