flink-dev mailing list archives

From Hermann Gábor <reckone...@gmail.com>
Subject Moving streaming to 0.6
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2014 14:49:12 GMT
Hey,

We are trying to move the streaming code from the 0.5 release to 0.6, and
we've run into a problem. We extended AbstractInputTask, AbstractTask and
AbstractOutputTask classes to implement our components (StreamSource,
StreamTask, StreamSink), and it seems like they are replaced by
DataSourceTask, RegularPactTask and DataSinkTask respectively, so we
replaced them in our code too. The problem is that the RecordWriter's
numChannels is not set because the RecordWriter's initializeSerializers()
method does not get called. Should we call this manually somewhere? Also, I
don't know whether we should use DataSourceTask and the others or extend
AbstractInvokable and implement our own classes similar to
AbstractInputTask, AbstractTask and AbstractOutputTask. Can you please help
us with this? Thanks!

Regards,
Gábor