flink-dev mailing list archives

From Hermann Gábor <reckone...@gmail.com>
Subject Support user code as anonymous inner classes in streaming API
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2014 08:08:50 GMT
Hey,

We saw that the Flink API supports user code as anonymous classes, and we
would like to support it too. So far we've been using the default Java
serialization for serializing user codes and by default that cannot
serialize (non-static) inner classes. It seems to me that UserCodeWrapper
is the workaround for this, but I could not figure it how to wrap simply
the user code (e.g. a MapFunction) and use it for serialization. Can you
show us an example or give us some hints? Thanks for the help!

Regards,
Gábor Hermann