flink-dev mailing list archives

From Fabian Hueske <fhue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ConnectedComponents IT Case
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2014 16:11:17 GMT
Alright, thanks for clarifiying. (Sorry Ufuk for misquoting... ;-) )

What would be the strategy?

1) Do we want to support the "null outer join" and add documentation or
drop this feature for now and throw an exception?
2) If we want to keep the functionality, does it make sense to change the
API, in the way I proposed (explicit joins with the solution set) or should
we keep it as it is and later simply add outer join functionality? The
latter would treat a join with a solution set as any other join while the
first one "knows" that it is special and would also restrict the operations
on the solution set.