flink-dev mailing list archives

From Fabian Hueske <fhue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ConnectedComponents IT Case
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2014 15:13:19 GMT
OK, let me summarize.

Ufuk says, that is correct because a user might want to insert a new
element into the solution set and therefore should check for null in the
UDF.
And Stephan adds that a user should check the plan if a null is passed to
the UDF unexpectedly (which was the reason in our case due to incorrect
annoations).

Is this behavior documented somewhere?
Does it make sense to use the regular API join method for this or should we
rather make the join with a solution set more explicit?
Can we "force" the user to do

iteration.getSolutionSet().joinWithSolutionSet(myData)

instead of

myData.join(iteration.getSolutionSet())?

In that case we could make this behavior more explicit by using another
method name and could also prevent that a user calls any other method than
join or coGroup on a solution set which is prohibited right now.