flink-dev mailing list archives

From Gyula Fóra <gyula.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding the streaming project to the main repository
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 09:40:43 GMT
Hey,
As you have said, our commit history is indeed a little messy in some
places especially regarding some duplicate commits.

We tried what you suggested to rebase it with git rebase -i , but our
problem is that because -i ignores the merge commits, squashing and editing
names make pretty much all the commits conflict. Even if we just run a git
rebase -i and than do nothing it still gives merge conflicts (because the
merges are omitted).

I have read somewhere that I should try -i -p but typing  "git rebase -i -p
3b88e30924268799c96317fe1bf9f5b9c6bf6f80" only shows the last 2 commits.

Do you have any suggestions on this because trying to remerge all the 600
commits seems a little desperate?

Regards,
Gyula