flink-dev mailing list archives

From Henry Saputra <henry.sapu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question regarding ICLAs for contributors
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2014 17:30:46 GMT
Unless the individual is a committer we do not need to ask for ICLA.
If see section 5 of the http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0:

5. Submission of Contributions. Unless You explicitly state otherwise,
any Contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the Work by
You to the Licensor shall be under the terms and conditions of this
License, without any additional terms or conditions. Notwithstanding
the above, nothing herein shall supersede or modify the terms of any
separate license agreement you may have executed with Licensor
regarding such Contributions.

Basically unless contributor explicitly said do not want to be part of
ASF 2.0 license (which we will deny the patch) then it is part of ASF
license conditions.

So we got covered by the license agreement.

- Henry