flink-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject Build System and nightly builds
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 16:08:28 GMT
Hi,

until now, we were using Travis-CI, which is tightly integrated with GitHub.
Travis-CI tested every pull request if it builds correctly (also, after an
update to the PR).

For every push to the "master" branch, it also tested the code and deployed
new "nightly builds" to Amazon S3.
In addition to that, we were deploying a "0.x-SNAPSHOT" version to
Sonatype's SNAPSHOT repository, so that users can also use the latest
development build with Maven.

It seems that the ASF also has a snapshot maven repository, so I guess we
are able to continue publishing SNAPSHOT versions using a CI system. In
addition to that, we would like to have an automated infrastructure to
verify new pull requests / patch submissions and pushes to the repository.

I also looked a bit around what Apache offers (
http://wiki.apache.org/general/Jenkins, http://ci.apache.org/) for
continuous integration and it seems that Jenkins is the best solution in
our situation.
I have never used the system but I would volunteer to set everything up.

Do the mentors agree that a Jenkins setup is a good idea for our project?

Robert