flink-dev mailing list archives

From Christine Fong <fong.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Willing to contribute !
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 10:08:34 GMT
Hi Apache Flink community !

My name is Christine Fong. I'm a 3rd year Computer Science student at EISTI
Engineering school, France, and I wondered if I could join the team during
this summer (maybe even longer) and contribute.

I have some basic knowledge of machine learning, data mining, statistics,
parallel computing and Java programming. But I'm still new to Big data and
open-source, two cool things I'm really eager to learn about :D.

Should I choose anything, I hope I can work on the spatial data processing
library project I found on the GSoC page (here
<https://github.com/stratosphere/stratosphere/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-2014#spatial-data-processing-library-for-stratosphere>).
I would certainly need the guidance of a mentor, though. But if I can help
in any other ways, feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Christine Fong