flink-dev mailing list archives

From Fabian Hueske <fhue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maintaining Scala and Java APIs consistencies?
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2014 07:34:57 GMT
Right now, both APIs are independently developed.
Of course we aim to provide the same functionality (in a similar way if
possible) with both APIs but we do not have a formal process to achieve
this.
The core set of functionality is covered by some example programs which are
implemented for both APIs.

I think this will become a more important issue in the future, esp. if we
add more APIs (Python is on the way).
Are there any best practices to maintain API consistency?

Fabian