flex-users mailing list archives

From "Idylog - Nicolas Granon" <ngra...@idylog.com>
Subject RE: [FlexJS] Debugging setup with Flashbuilder and JS output
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2017 15:32:24 GMT
Hi Piotr,

Thank you for this information.
Following your reply, I have read Josh Tynjala's papers and, as I understand it, it is possible
to use source maps for debugging with FB but it works only with pure as3 source code, not
mxml code. Furthermore, the actions are a bit convoluted (you have to load the map from the
browser debug tools, go back to the IDE...many extra steps and not very convenient).

It seems that the work Josh has made for tight integration between VSCode and FlexJS is amazing.

I will (try to) go that way. VSCode is a good editor, and I don't mind using it for our FlexJS
projects (we will keep Eclipse for Java and Coldfusion).
Moreover, we are also evaluating ReactJS as a replacement for SWF apps, and use VSCode as
an editor.

Many thanks again

Nicolas Granon