flex-users mailing list archives

From "Idylog - Nicolas Granon" <ngra...@idylog.com>
Subject RE: [FlexJS] Output folders with FB
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2017 16:06:23 GMT
Hi Piotr,

Many thanks for your answer.

However, this does not work : the documentation clearly states that the –output compiler
option is used to specify an “output directory AND file name”.

And that is true !

If you add

-output=mypath\myfile.swf

to the compiler “command line” options it makes the compiler write the SWF output with
the name “myfile.swf” in the folder specified by “mypath”.

But the JS output is still written in the js-debug folder under the workspace root !

In fact, the “output folder” text input from “project > properties > flex build
path” pane just passes the text input value to the –output option of the compiler (after
appending {project name}.swf).

The only difference is that if you specify the output folder in “flex build path” AND
the compiler option, the compiler option overrides the specified build path (it overrides
both the path and the output SWF filename) which seems quite understable.

What seems missing is some kind of “js-compiler-output” parameter.

But, at least, it seems to me that the js compiler should use the path from the “-output”
option when building its own output path…and not the source path.

All suggestions are welcome !

Nicolas Granon

signature_e_mail