flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Various questions about FlexJS
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2017 21:08:03 GMT
Hi Vincent,

FlexJS doesn't have every capability of the regular Flex SDK right now.
There just hasn't been enough people-hours to replicate everything.  We
prioritize things that people actually need, so if you want to use FlexJS
and need modules and can live with modules that don't unload, I will try
to put together some basic module support when I get done with my current
task.

Similarly, I see mention of incremental compilation in the compiler
source, but I've never had to learn more about it.  We haven't had the
need or resources to try to speed up the compiler more than it currently
performs, but if we find that there is an issue on a large app then we'll
take a look at it.

FlexJS isn't being developed by a corporation with a good-sized team of
people working on it.  Think of this as more of a potluck/party.  Folks
bring what they can.  Some bring more than others and we figure things out
together.  That means there isn't a lot of polished code with solid
documentation.  The benefit to you is that you can have more control over
your destiny.  If you contribute enough you will be granted committer
rights and can fix your own bugs if needed.  No corporation is going to
change its mind about whether FlexJS will have a next release.  I'm sure
we'd all be excited to have you be the next, bigger migration project.

HTH,
-Alex