flex-users mailing list archives

From "Erik J. Thomas" <e...@linqto.com>
Subject Accessing app bundle_id or package_id at runtime
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2017 18:36:04 GMT
Hey all:

Is there a simple way to access a Flex mobile app's bundle/package ids at runtime? Of course
I can write the code to parse Info.plist and manifest files on iOS and Android to get them,
but it seems there must be a built-in "Flex" way that some great Apache engineer anticipated
someone would need.

I have an unusual scenario in that we "brand" existing APK and IPA files by changing their
bundle ids and by modifying the packages (IPA and APK files) and re signing them without compiling
the app. The App doesn't have any idea what it's bundle/package id is at runtime and we need
that to hit an authentication server API.

I've poked around the docs and searched the web and am coming up empty handed. Just hoped
I could save some time.

Thanks!

Erik