flex-users mailing list archives

From bilbosax <waspenc...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Visibility Issue with PopUp Component
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 18:42:19 GMT
Erik, thanks again for your invaluable input.  It really helps and is an
excellent read.  I was not able to get the the StageText phantom text issue
solved last night, but I also did not try using callLater to close the popup
a frame later after deleting the text.  I don't know if restarting my
computer made a difference, but something interesting did happen that is
currently working.  Last night, I was assigning the skinClass directly in
mxml like this:

                <s:TextInput id="cityInput" color="#4F4F4F"
change="cityInputChangeHandler(event)"
skinClass="spark.skins.mobile.TextInputSkin"/>

This skinClass did not have the phantom text issue for me, but it did cause
the textInput to enter text in the middle of the component instead of left
justified.  I restarted my computer, and tried assigning the skinClass using
CSS, and voila!, everything is currently working as I need.

                s|TextInput {
			skinClass: ClassReference("spark.skins.mobile.TextInputSkin");
			fontFamily: "SanFrancisco";
		}

Let me know if there is anything I should know about not using this
particular skinClass over another.

Thanks everyone!!