flex-users mailing list archives

From bilbosax <waspenc...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Visibility Issue with PopUp Component
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 03:04:25 GMT
Erik, I appreciate your in depth explanation, and I think for the most part
you are right.  When I do not set a skinClass and let Flex use the default
for mobile development is when I get the best performance from the
textInput, meaning that the soft keyboard and all the features act as I want
them to. But I also get this strange behavior where it shows the text off to
the side before the PopUp gets centered. Setting input.text = null, or
input.text = "" when I closed the popup had no effect the next time the
popup was called, I still got strange text off to the side.  So frustrating.

Setting the skinClass for the textInput to mobile, or iOS solves the problem
of the phantom text showing up off to the side, but for some reason when I
click on the textInput to type in text, the text does not show up starting
at the left edge of the component, it starts out right in the middle of the
textInput component.  When I close the soft keyboard, the text then jumps
over to the left edge of the component where it belongs.

So frustrated, any other thoughts???  I would welcome any suggestions on how
to get the phantom text to be hidden, or how to get mobile or ios themed
textInputs to align left when inputing text.

Thanks!!