flex-users mailing list archives

From "Erik J. Thomas" <e...@linqto.com>
Subject Re: BusyIndicator rotating off-center on iOS
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2017 20:29:21 GMT
Depending on how you set up your mobile project, I believe all controls will use the mobile
skins by default. It may be that you have configured your project for spark theme and not
mobile. You shouldn't need to use spark theme unless you're building a codebase that can be
shared across mobile and desktop and/or web. I don't know where the theme setting is in your
IDE, but in IntelliJ it's the mobile theme by default for a new mobile project.

If you run spark them for a mobile project you may run into more issues than just the BusyIndicator,
for example if you are using TextInput the spark theme won't use the StylableStageText which
means some of the native functionality won't work the same as in a native app.

Also, I'm not real happy with BusyIndicator even with mobile skins because it stops rotating
on async API calls to servers or whenever doing heavy CPU lifting like when encoding a large
bitmap to JPG, etc. It's so annoying that AIR doesn't use a worker thread for that and give
the UI full responsiveness all the time to keep the BusyIndicator rotating among other things.

Erik