flex-users mailing list archives

From OK <p...@olafkrueger.net>
Subject Re: Flex comunication with Amazon S3 and Smart TV project
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2017 07:57:29 GMT
Angelo Lazzari wrote
> -there are tested Amazon S3 library that you are already using in a
> project?

If Amazon S3 supports setting "X-HTTP-Method-Override" you maybe can
directly consume its REST API by using HTTPService even without a lib but
it's probably a bit cumbersome.
(Due to a bug in Flash, a HTTPService/URLRequest with a GET request will not
properly send headers.The X-HTTP-Method-Override header tells the API how to
treat it)

Another maybe venturesome option could be to capture the 'S3 nodejs SDK' by
targeting nodejs using the FlexJS compiler. But I don't know if this would
work. If you take a look at the TypeScript world you'll find some ideas how
they do it with TypeScript. There already exist some type definitions for
TypeScript.

Angelo Lazzari wrote
> Finally, ... about FlexJS do you think we could create a project with this
> technology?

FlexJS 0.8.0 will be published soon and I think it's definitely worth to try
it out!
It comes with a rich Material Design component set (MDL) and a lot of other
new or revised stuff.
So give it a try! At least it depends on your app requirements if it fits
your needs. If it's not all in place keep in mind that it's open source so
you have the chance to contribute missing things at any time ;-))

Hope this helps,
Olaf