flex-users mailing list archives

From "Erik J. Thomas" <e...@linqto.com>
Subject Re: StageText appears above popup (Flex)
Date Thu, 04 May 2017 14:56:31 GMT
Hey guys:

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried a number of different things, including passing different
IDisplayObjects as the popup "host", setting the childIndex and depth properties on both the
popup and the TextInput control. I tried using the spark (not mobile) text input skin as someone
suggested online.

I tried quick6black's suggestion of setting the TextInput skinClass to spark.skins.mobile.ScrollingStageTextInputSkin
and that made no difference either.

What did the trick was to remove input focus from the TextInput field before displaying the
popup message. Yes! Thank you Josh for that valuable suggestion.

Awesome. Thanks again everyone.

Erik

> On May 4, 2017, at 7:00 AM, Josh Tynjala <joshtynjala@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Try removing focus from the TextInput when you show the Alert.
>
> - Josh
>
> On May 3, 2017 3:11 PM, "Erik J. Thomas" <erik@linqto.com <mailto:erik@linqto.com>>
wrote:
> Hey all:
>
> When I popup an Alert dialog that covers a TextInput control (TextInput uses the StageText
implementation from mobile theme), the text shows as having a higher Z-Order than the popup
Alert dialog:

> Any ideas how I might work around this? I don't want to set the TextInput controls to
invisible if I can find a better solution.