flex-users mailing list archives

From piotrz <piotrzarzyck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS - maven]: compiled from source, but settings and ../lib/* missing
Date Wed, 24 May 2017 13:06:06 GMT
Patrizia,

Thanks for explanation now I understand. That's good that you are trying to
separate logic, if that logic is going to be separate swc - Maybe you should
try to create for such module build plan - separate pom.xml. etc. but that's
something for the later work.

1) If you are not going change SDK itself you don't have to have it
buildable on your machine, but since you reach this point that's good
2) If you wanted to just use FlexJS SDK, start from building simple "hello
world" [1] and let us know how it goes.
3) Once you will be able to build "hello world" - I can share with you some
"pom.xml" example which you will be able to change and build your library to
FlexJS "swc"
4) Create build plan for your main application based on "hello world" app
from point 1. and use created swc

Thanks to above steps you will have whole build system which is independent
from IDE.

As for feeding IDE you will have your own "distribution" package or just
downloaded by "Apache Flex Installer" package which has been build by Ant on
Jenkins.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Create+A+FlexJS+Project+with+Maven

Piotr