flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Crippling Lag - Windows 10 IE11 - FlashPlayer / IBM ILOG Elixir
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2017 16:27:52 GMT
Hi Darren,

"Other" includes "Other (activities such as garbage collection, event
processing, and so on)"

I have seen the invalidation loop appear to be machine-specific when it is
actually size-specific.  Someone had an extra toolbar in their browser
which shrank the available size of the stage more than other machines and
that reduced size caused the loop.

If you have a debugger on it, I would just wait until the app is supposed
to be idle, then set a breakpoint on debugTickler in Application.as.  Then
single step and it should step you into all AS that is running.  I've had
that show me things that are unexpected.

Also compare memory allocation on working vs slow.  Maybe memory gets more
fragmented on the slow computer so more time is spent in GC.

HTH,
-Alex