flex-users mailing list archives

From OK <p...@olafkrueger.net>
Subject Re: PHP Service Efficiency
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2017 05:54:35 GMT
I'm not sure but I could imagine if the compiled PHP code is cached it
doesn't matter.
However, it's always a good idea to use such a cache. I think since PHP 5.5
the ByteCode is cached by default.
You also could use some of the ByteCode caches out there.
If you're not already using PHP7 and expect performance issues you should
dare to take the step to PHP7. People say it is x times faster than previous
versions.

At least there is the web server which has to handle the concurrent
requests!
Depending on the web server this could be done differently and may end up in
doing some more investigation to find out what approach fits your need best.
(E.g. Apache vs Nginx)

If you're using PHP sessions you also have to take care about PHP session
blocking [1][2].

These days it's all about cloud services.
Instead of hosting and maintaining your servers by yourself it could be an
option to go with AWS, Azure, google, ... if you need to scale you just have
to do some clicks in best case ;-)

So, I would definitely go with separating the code by concerns, it will be
much more maintainable.

Just some thoughts... of course, I could be completely wrong ;-)

HTH,
Olaf

[1]
https://ma.ttias.be/php-session-locking-prevent-sessions-blocking-in-requests/