flex-users mailing list archives

From bilbosax <waspenc...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: PDO vs mysqli Web Service Return Values
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2017 04:06:22 GMT
OK, now I am truly baffled, more so than usual :) Before attempting to look
at network traffic, I decided to do a little test, totally forgetting about
PDO.  I did this all in mysqli, which is what flex generates if you ask it
to build a service.  I had flex generate a service for a table with three
columns.  When I set the return types, it generated a string and two numbers
- working perfectly.  I then created my own service using the same order and
structure of mysqli code as the service Flex generated.  There were two
notable differences.  One is that my service is dynamic and has to bind the
variables using an array instead of individual parameters.  I don't think
this should make a difference.  The second is that my service has 59 columns
to retrieve instead of 3.  When I try to set the return types on MY service,
I get a primitive object instead of individually typed fields.

So, it doesn't seem to matter in my case whether I use PDO or mysqli, my
return type is always a primitive object.  Why is this???

My only guess is that Flex is unable or unwilling to type that many columns,
and therefore just defaults to a primitive object, and leaves it up to me to
handle inside of Flex instead of in PHP.

Any thoughts???